22nd-24th of September 2017 | On the Trail of Feronia: LESVOS tour & trekking
We will have a deeper look at the island of Lesvos (the third biggest island of Greece) and discover its hidden beauties walking through off-the-beaten trails with topographer Apostolos Makaratzis; the writer of “Trekking Trail Guide: Plomari” and will look closely at the island’s history with our guide Antonia. We will stay at our guest house in the Gulf of Gera located in an olive grove and will enjoy a barbeque and delicious “mezedes” while the notes of unplugged traditional Greek music gently touches the sky away from the crowds of tourists.
- Highlights of the programme:
Mytilene, Αgia Paraskevi, Skala Kallonis, Plomari, Melinda, Agiasos, Asomatos
- Agia Paraskevi olive oil museum.
- Limonos Monastery: the largest in Lesvos, located in northwest of the town of Kaloni.
- A short walk through Tsiknias river famous for its biological diversity.
- Private welcome dinner and live unplugged traditional Greek music.
- Trekking on the route around Agatheri, between Plomari and beautiful Melinda beach.
- Hiking between Agiasos and Asomatos, “Patomeni pathway.”
- Lunch at Maria’s place in Asomatos and enjoying traditional Greek cuisine in a non-touristy kafeneio.
- We will meet at AYVALIK port/customs at 08:00 a.m., and will take our scheduled ferry to Lesvos at 09:00 a.m.
- Upon arrival, we will meet our guide and walk in the city centre of Mytilene.
- We will head off to Agia Paraskevi and visit the Olive Oil Museum which is housed in the area of the old communal oil press, a wonderful building, which was created after the renovation of the building facilities.
- We will have free time for lunch around the Gulf of Kaloni, where we can taste their famous Papalina, mainly known as “Greek Sushi”.
- Our next stop is the Limonos Monastery, which dates back to the 16th century and is the largest in Lesvos.
- We will have a short walk in Tsiknias Valley: an area famous for its biological diversity and one of the best hotspots for birdwatchers as it is a great migrant trap.
- We will head off to our guest house located in an olive grove at Gulf of Gera, to rest and enjoy our dinner with live traditional Greek music.
The walk around the Gulf of Kaloni through the Tsiknias river will take around 1 hour. This is a very easy walking path where we will be mainly informed about the area’s biological diversity and fauna.
- A rich organic breakfast at the guest house.
- Trekking between Plomari and Melinda.
- At the end of our trek we will arrive at Melinda beach where you will have free time to re-energize and enjoy your lunch. Don’t forget your swimming suits and towels!
- We will be back at our guest house in the evening. There are some restaurants within walking distance where you can eat and drink, or chill at the facilities of Eleonas tis Geras.
The Route Plomari - Melinda Distance 9 Km Lowest Point 8 m. (Melinda) Highest point 538 m. (Agatheri - Agia Irini) Difficulty Level Moderate Duration Approximately 5-6 hours General Description Dirt roads and paths, cobbled roads, grass fields, olive grove, pine forest
- Breakfast at the guest house restaurant and check-out.
- We will leave for Agiasos village which is renowned for its famous handmade ceramics and also the art of wood carving. The craftsmen and their assistants who built the wooden temple of the church of the Virgin Mary in 1812, were Greeks from Asia Minor. We will see Agiasos Public Library and might watch music lessons generally led by a Lesvos Santour, if we are lucky enough!
- We will take a steep old cobbled path through the olive groves, known as the “patomeni”, which is the most direct route to Asomatos. This path is traditionally full of people during the annual Panagia (Virgin Mary) celebrations as many of the pilgrims take this pathway to Agiasos. (15th of July every year).
- Upon arrival at Asomatos, we will have our lunch at Maria’s place and will have enough time to stroll around the narrow streets and take some photos.
- We will get back to Mytilene and will leave the beautiful island at 18:00 recalling amazing memories.
The Route Agiasos - Asomatos Distance 3.2 km Lowest Point 280 m. Highest point 460 m. Difficulty Level Easy- Medium Duration Approximately 2 hours General Description A wooded landscape with groves and crops. Road with stones, Gravel road.
The package tour starts and ends at BALIKESİR AYVALIK CUSTOMS.
|22 Eylül 2017||Port of Ayvalık||09.00||Port of Mytilene||10.30 - 09.45|
|24 Eylül 2017||Port of Mytilene||18.00||Port of Ayvalık||
19.30 - 18.45
All transfers and the excursions within the island of LESVOS will be provided by a modern A/C midibus.
The organizer, if after the departure is unable to provide for any reason, except for a fact attributable to the consumer, an essential part of the services included in the contract, will provide alternative solutions, at no extra cost to the contractor.
|Gera||Eleonas Tisgeras||----||2 nights|
TOTAL PRICE for the above mentioned services is EUR 260: one double room per person. Single supplement is EUR 30.
The package includes,
- Compulsory Travel and International Travel Health Insurance (only applicable to our guests who officially live in Turkey. All participants other than those having residency in Turkey are strongly encouraged to have internationally accepted health insurance for all activities pertaining to the trip, which should include coverage for emergency rescue and evacuation).
- 2 overnights at Eleonas Tis Geras in a double room.
- Roundtrip ferry tickets between Ayvalık and Mytilene.
- 2 breakfasts at the hotel.
- 1 dinner and private live music in the hotel’s garden or indoors.
- 1 lunch at Asomatos.
- All transfers and excursions as per the itinerary.
- Guide service.
The following items are excluded from the tour price:
- Visa, passport and vaccination charges;
- Departure taxes (15 TL for Turkish citizens);
- Extra meals not included in the itinerary;
- Drinks at the meals included in the itinerary;
- Laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses, personal travel insurance and items of a personal nature;
- Tips and excess baggage charges. Refer to our trip notes fall under inclusions.
A deposit of EUR 100 is due with your reservation. Final payments are due as of 6th of September, 2017.
If paying by credit card, no commission fees apply. MAXIMUM, BONUS, PARAF and WORLD cards have installments from 2 to 5 months.
Wire transfers are payable to: BİZİM ADA TURİZM SEYAHAT ACENTESİ
|Bank||Branch Name and Code||Account Number||IBAN|
|İş Bankası||Kıbrıs Şehitleri Cad. / 3364||336412497||
TR38 0006 4000 0013 3640 0124 97
|Yapı Kredi Bankası||Mesrutiyet / 156||48052440||
TR81 0006 7010 0000 0048 0524 40
|Garanti Bankası||Meşrutiyet / 528||6296421||
TR79 0006 2000 5280 0006 2964 21
|Halk Bankası||Alsancak/ 0731||10260651||TR89 0001 2009 7310 0010 2606 51|
|Bank||Branch Name and Code||Account Number||IBAN||SWIFT Code|
|İş Bankası||Kıbrıs Şehitleri Cad. / 3364||0003031||
TR84 0006 4000 0023 3640 0030 31
|Yapı Kredi Bankası||Mesrutiyet / 156||8047504||
TR75 0006 7010 0000 0048 0475 04
|Garanti Bankası||Meşrutiyet / 528||9090140||
TR67 0006 2000 5280 0009 0901 40
|Halk Bankası||Alsancak / 0731||58000199||TR12 0001 2009 7310 0058 0001 99||TRHBTR2A|
For payments in TL: Central Bank of Turkey, banknote selling exchange rate for EUR will apply.
Please note that all the fees and bank charges are chargeable to the consinger.
Invoices will be issued within 15 days after the trip.